The University of Ibadan has set up committee to look into the issues surrounding the protest embarked upon by the students of the institution.
Recall that the Management of the institution shut down and ordered the students to vacate the halls of residence by 6pm on May 29, 2017.
Mr. Olatunji Oladejo, the university’s Director of Communications made this known while speaking with journalists on Thursday.
The committee members include the following:
(1) Dean of Law- Chairman/Convener
(2) Prof. A.T.P. Ajuwape, Dean of Students
(3) Prof. A. Fagbola- Chairman, Senate Committee on Admissions
(4) Prof. A.B. Ekanola- Dean, Faculty of Arts
(5) Dr. O. Ajewole- Warden, Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall
(6) Dr. Ruth Adio- Moses, Warden, Queen Idia Hall
(7) Dr. Folashade A. Bello- Warden, Alexander Brown Hall
(8) Miss Heritage Ola- Chairperson, Queen Idia Hall
(9) President, Association of Campus Christian Fellowship
(10) Amir/President, Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria (MSSN)
(11) Chairperson, AbdulSalami Abubakar Hall
(12) President, Association of Veterinary Medicine Students (AVMS)
(13) President, Pharmacy Students’ Association.
The committee are, however, mandated to investigate the issues that led the University to the current unpleasant development; look into the remote and immediate cause(s) of the recent activities of the Students’ Union Executive Council (SUEC) and the Students’ Representative Council (SRC); review the Union’s Constitution, its structures up to the Faculties’ Associations; look into other areas that may be germane to its assignment; and make recommendations to submitted a report to the Senate.