After weeks of touring major Housing Estates in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, InsideOyo.com presents some of Ibadan’s ‘sought-after’ estates by the rich and classy.
1) Aerodrome GRA, Samonda: It was initially a facility for air travels until its transfer to the government of Oyo State during the Lam-Adesina administration as governor. It was later allocated 10 years ago. Currently, you would have to cough out close to N35 million to acquire over 1000 square meters to build a nice apartment for your family. From Bodija, Sango, UI, it is accessible. Arguably, it the most expensive and best gated in the state. It is fully residential and with a good road network.
2) Alalubosa GRA: It is close to the popular Alesinloye Market and Iyaganku. It’s uniqueness lies in the way it’s streets are named- Almond, Citrus, Orange, Pine etc. It is one of the most expensive in the state. Land speculators say you need to pay up to N25 million to get land there. Though not all the roads were tarred, most of them are motorable.
3) Jericho GRA, Idi-Isin: It is one of the earliest GRAs in the state. Many serving and former political office holders have exotic houses there. Apart from the fact that the residence of the Police Commissioner is there, it has the highest numbers of white men. A plot goes for as ‘low’ as N25 million.
4) New & Old Bodija Estates: Both Estates were the darling of many rich people till the 90s. Though it is difficult to get an unavailable land in both but between N17 million and N25 million, you will get a building to be demolished or remodelled later. Two former governors live there.
5) Agodi GRA: The Governor and other top officials of Oyo State reside in the area. Like Bodija, it was the darling of many big Nigerians in the 80s, especially during the Western Region. If you need a plot there, you are to buy an existing building. Between N21 million and N30 million will do.
6) Ikolaba Estate: it is very close to Agodi and Bodija Estates. It is an old estates but it is still the darling of many rich men.
7) Basorun Estate, Akobo: It is a very large estate. If not for the disrepair state of road that leads to the area, it is one of the areas people are moving into. Between N8 million and N15 million, you should be assured of a plot.
8) Kolapo Ishola GRA: Formerly reserved for agricultural purposes by the administration of late former governor Kolapo Ishola, it looks like Aerodrome GRA. It is well gated. It is divided into various levels. It is also expensive. The price depends on the place you want.
9) Carlton Gate: It is a private estate sharing border with Kolapo Ishola Estate. Well gated and a well-paved road, it is also expensive.
10) Alao-Akala Estate: it is also not far Kolapo Ishola Estate, it has very beautiful buildings. Except for the dusty road, plots of land should have exceeded over N10 million.