The Oyo APC Unity Forum, a group within the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), has petitioned the leadership of the party.
The petition forwarded to the party’s National Chairman, President Muhammadu Buhari and the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) on the prolonged factional crisis rocking the party in the state over the recently held ward, local and state congresses of the party.
The forum also sent the copy of the petition to the EFCC, the Central Bank and the Inspector General of Police asking the APC National Chairman to declare the Congresses held by the “Unity Forum of the APC-Oyo State, as the only legal congress, with recognition of all the attendant prerequisites”.
In the petition signed by the Forum Secretary, Wasiu Olatunbosun, titled ‘Illegal conduct by Ajimobi faction, of a Purported APC ward congress in favour of persons who did not obtain nomination forms.’
The Unity Forum alleged the following
1. Those in the Governor Abiola Ajimobi faction of APC in Oyo State should not be accorded “the status of lawful and proper contestants of the party at the ward and subsequent levels.
2. The group said, “the Transfer Forms of Agodi Branch of First Bank which was presented as proof of payment for nomination forms for the ward congress was fake.”
3. The Unity Forum claimed that the Governor Ajimobi “loyalists only paid the nomination sum of N20.06million to the account of APC at the Agodi Branch of First Bank on Monday, May 7th,” quoting the number of the Transfer Form of First Bank which is purportedly dated May 4 as 29173701.
4. The forum alleged further that those that made the lodgment on May 7, 2018, paid, N4,200,000 each except two of them (names withheld) “lodged the same amount of N4,200,000 twice same day bringing the total lodgment to N21,000,000:00, which is the same amount purportedly paid on May 4, 2018, for the same purpose.”
5. The group also claimed that Ajimobi faction conducted illegal ward congress in Oyo State on 6th May 2018. “This illegal/unlawful exercise is indeed worrisome, as it compromises the integrity of this quintessential party.”
The Forum urged party leaders not to recognise the said purported contestants; not to accord them any benefit that may be attached to the status of lawful and proper contestants of the party at the ward and subsequent levels.