“My vision for Oyo State House of Assembly is to ensure continuity and sustenance of peace in the 8th Assembly having a robust and constructive relationship with the executive and give maximum support to the Government in his development plans for the benefits of the people of Oyo State without compromising the independent and integrity of the Legislative arm.” – this is one of the popular lines of late Rt. Honourable Adesina Michael Adeyemo.
Rt. Hon. Adesina Michael Adeyemo died at the age of 47, on Friday, April 27, 2018, in Ibadan, the Oyo capital.
Hon. Adeyemo was until his death, was the Speaker of the Oyo state House of Assembly.
His death came as shock to Oyo populace and across the political divides. The ruling APC described his death as a Calamity in the state.
Insideoyo.com compiled a brief note about the late Oyo Speaker, Hon. Adesina Michael Adeyemo:
1. Rt Hon. Micheal Adeyemo popularly called AMA by his fans was the first child of the family in Alaarun compound, Lanlate, Ibarapa East Local Government Area of Oyo State.
2. He attended IMG, Oke Ado, Ibadan for his primary school education and Celestial Church High School, Oke Ado, Ibadan for his secondary school education. In his quest for higher education, he later proceeded to the University of Port Harcourt where he obtained Bachelor degree in Education Management with second class upper.
3. Due to his unwavering passion for the legal profession, Adesina Michael Adeyemo (AMA) later attended the prestigious University of Ibadan (UI) for his LL.B in Law and qualified as a Lawyer in 2004. Taking his destiny in his hands, he worked with Olujinmi & Akeredolu law firm.
4. Rt. Honourable Adeyemo first shot in politics was in 2007 and since then he has been in politics until death. He was the Deputy Chief Whip of the House and a member of Committees of Fund Allocation, Works and Transport, Agriculture, Trade and Investment, Appropriation and Public Finance in the 7th Assembly.
5. He was a member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) and International Bar Association (IBA), where he served in the executive committee as an auditor and Assistant Secretary of NBA, Ibadan branch.
6. Honourable Adeyemo’s re-election was the first time a member of the Oyo House will be re-elected from his constituency – Ibarapa East.
7. Until his death, Adeyemo was a Master’s student at the Faculty of Law, University of Ibadan.