They have been with him for long. They are few of the people who influence the governor’s decision. And most times, you see them together. Insideoyo.com presents you the 11 men who are closer to Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State.
1) Florence Ajimobi: The first lady is his wife of close to forty years. She is one of those who influences his decision.
2) Wumi Ogunesan: Though a permanent secretary in the Oyo State civil service, she is said to be closer to the first family. She is one of the decision-makers.
3) Zacheus Adelabu: The governor, it was gathered, cannot do away with the Ife-trained accountant and immediate past commissioner for finance. The Iwo-Ate born technocrat still carry out a lot of assignment for the governor.
4) Ismail Olalekan Alli: He is the Secretary to the State Government. He has left no one as to his capacity to manage people. His calmness may have attracted him to Ajimobi who likes men with class.
5) Seyi Adisa: The Fiditi-born lawyer is the governor’s principal private secretary. He spends ample time with the governor. Many see him as quiet and easy to relate with.
6) Adedayo Iyaniwura: He is the personal assistant to the governor and like Adisa, he is always with the governor. Though many politicians don’t like him because of hard face, he is one of the governor’s men.
7) Bimbo Adekanmbi: The incumbent commissioner for finance, who hails from Ona-Ara LGA, is one of the governor’s men. He is a friend of the first family. In Ajimobi’s first term, he was deputy chief of staff and he was influential.
8) Niyi Ajao: The youngest in the state cabinet, he was with Shell before joining the administration of Ajimobi. Ajao, who was recently installed as Mogaji, is a special adviser to the governor on ICT. He is one of the closest associates of the governor.
9) Toye Arulogun: The current commissioner for information, culture and tourism is one of the men the governor contacts and listens to. He was special adviser on public affairs during the firm term.
10) Gbade Ojo: the Onaara-born pastor and academic is the governor’s Chief of Staff. The governor loves him to some extent, maybe because of his educational attainment. He was special adviser on political matters during the first term.
11) Morohunkola Thomas: A new entrant into the ‘fold’, the three-term commissioner was executive assistant to the governor towards the tail end of the first term. He was brought in when the Chief of Staff to the Governor, Gbade Ojo, was unable to combine the role with that of special adviser on political matters. His job as executive assistant (political) has moved him closer to the governor.