Ace broadcaster and best on air personality in Oyo state, Edmund Obilo, has been appointed as member of the Revitalization Committee for the Osun State Broadcasting Corporation (OSBC).
Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State has approved the constitution on Wednesday in Osogbo.
Adelani Baderinwa, the ‘Supervisor’ in charge of the Ministry of Information and Strategy in Osun State, said the objective of the committee is to find out the challenges militating against the smooth and required professional operation of the OSBC, look into the structure of the corporation and make necessary recommendations to put it in good state.
Other members of the committee are:
- Engineer Obaniyi Akinwale (Group Head, Technical Services, TVC Communications, Lagos)
- Mr Taiwo Ojewande ( a retired Chief Cameraman, OSBC)
- Kayode Akinsola (a retired General Manager, Gold FM, Ilesa)
- Mr. Ayo Makinde (a former Head of Presentation at Radio key Continental, Lagos)
- Prince Yeye Oyedokun (a retired Director General, OSBC.
- Mr Olabode Awe (a Director in the Ministry of Information and Strategy, State of Osun)serves as Secretary to the Committee.
Adelani Baderinwa submitted further “The terms of reference for the committee in summary, is to comprehensively look into the state of operation of OSBC, its challenges, its failings and offer genuine recommendations that will make OSBC one of the best broadcast organisations in structure and content around.
“The Revitalization Committee has two weeks to carry out the assignments and submit its recommendations.
“The government notes that OSBC, which came into being in 1992, has not satisfactorily fulfill its expected roles due to varying human and technical factors since establishment.
“The constitution of the committee is a bold move to reshape OSBC and bring out the best in it.”