Ominira Initiative for Economic Advancement is a non-profit organisation established in 2019 to research and advocate solutions to Africa’s socio economic issues. We execute our mission through strategic engagements, publications, online videos, infographics, and events.
We seek the services of a suitably qualified Communications Associate to manage our different communication channels and contribute to overall organizational growth.
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Nature of employment: Full-time, two years contract.
- A bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, or related fields
- At least two years of experience in a media and communication role
- Basic Knowledge of Digital Marketing
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Editorial experience
- Basic knowledge of economic and social issues
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently, applying sound judgment
- Manage the organisation’s social media accounts
- Prepare and send regular newsletters
- Oversee the organisation’s official communication
- Editorial duties, including article editing, proofreading, and publishing
- Engage with mainstream media organizations/professionals in line with organizational programs and policies
- Facilitate/moderate organization’s events, including forums, workshops, and conferences
- Contribute to the development and drafting of policy briefs, press releases, and reports
- Competitive salary based on location
- Occasional bonuses/allowances
- Travel and career development opportunities
Interested and qualified individuals should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 28th of January 2023. We will contact shortlisted candidates within a week after the application deadline.