As the lawmaker representing Oyo South Senatorial District in The Senate, Senator Rilwan Adesoji Akanbi clocks 55 today, Inside Oyo reveals the parts of the former Reps member you ‘didn’t’ know
1) He was born on 6th May, 1962.
2) He is from Ebuadi Compound of Inalende area of Ibadan North West Local Government.
3) His late father, Oloye Muheebdeen Akanbi, is the third Baba Isale of Ibadanland.
4) His late father is his role-model.
5) His worst ever moment was when he lost his mother in 1986.
6) He attended Lagelu Grammar School.
7) He is an alumnus of West London Business School, UK.
8) He attended the Center for Marketing and Management Studies, UK.
9) He attended Kingston University, UK.
10) He was Executive Director (Operations) at lItastrade Nigeria Ltd in 1989.
11) He left lItastrade Nigeria Ltd in 1991 to establish RSI Investment and Trust Ltd with interests in real estate development and financial management.
12) In 1996, he founded Libragold Travels Group.
13) In 2008, he established Dynasty Airline Management Ltd.
14) He is a member of Nigerian British Chamber of Commerce,
15) He is a member of Nigerian American Chamber of Commerce
16) He is also a member of Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
17) He is a fellow of British institute of Marketing, UK.
18) He is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management, UK.
19) He married his wife, Hajia Zhikrah in 1993, after 11 years of courtship.
20) Their marriage is blessed with four children, all boys.
21) in 1989, at 28, he joined politics.
22) Between 1998 and 1999, he was the State Financial Secretary of pan-Yoruba Socio-Cultural Organisation, Afenifere.
23) In 1992, he was elected member of Federal House of Representative on the platform of Social Democratic Party.
24) He chaired the House Committee on Customs and Excise and served as member of two important committees- National Planning: and Finance and National Development, before the military aborted the Third Republic in 1993.
25) He was a member of NADECO.
26) He was Special Adviser, Industrial and Economic Matters in the administration of late former governor Lamidi Adesina.
27) He also served as Chairman of State Planning Commission.
28) Chairman, Special Committee on Economic Development.
29) Chairman, Lam Poverty Eradication Programme (LAMERP).
30) He contested and won a senatorial seat to represent Oyo South in The Senate in 2015.
31) He is the Okanlomo of Ibadanland.
32) He is the Mogaji of Isagunna Compound.
33) He has been awarded Omoluabi Leadership Reporters honour.
34) Award by Graduate Foundation (GRAFO).
35) He has been honoured by the Nigerian Union of Journalists
36) He has been awarded by the Federation of Ibadan students Union.
37) He has been honoured by Federal of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria.
38) He has been honoured by the Nigerian Automobile Technicians Association.
39) He has been honoured by the Organisation for Youth Empowerment, South-West, Nigeria.
40) His best food is amala and gbegiri.
41) His most memorable moment was when he had his first child.
42) He listens to the music of his friends, Alhaji Wasiu Ayinde.
43) He is a fashionista.
44) When he was much younger, he was BMW freak but he now likes Toyota product.
45) After Nigeria, he likes Saudi-Arabia.
46) He is the 10th of a family of 19.
47) Internationally, he supports Manchester United
48) In Nigeria, he is a die-hard supporter of 3SC.
49) He is a founding member of NASFAT
50) He is a life patron of Oyo State NUJ
51) He does not drink alcohol
52) He does not smoke
53) All his children are in the university.
54) He jogs within his compound
55) He is a devoted Muslim.