Adebo Ogundoyin of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has been declared winner of the Ibarapa east by-election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Ogundoyin will now be representing Ibarapa East State constituency in the Oyo State House of Assembly.
The seat became vacant following the demise of the late Speaker of the House, Michael Adeyemo, who represented the constituency until his death on April 27, 2018.
Insideoyo.com compiled seven things about the new Oyo state House of Assembly lawmaker:
1. The Ibarapa east lawmaker is 31 years old, a Babcock University graduate, born February 18
2. Ogundoyin is an Agronomist by profession
3. Debo Ogundoyin is one of the sons of the late foremost philanthropist and industrialist, Chief Adeseun Ogundoyin.
4. He emerged PDP candidate after pulling 37 votes to beat Kehinde Adebisi during the primary election.
5. he is a football lover and fan of the Red Devils – Manchester United
6. He lost his father, Adeseun Ogundoyin, in 1991 as a teenager.
7. Chief Adeseun Ogundoyin, Alhaji Arisekola Alao, Chief Akanni Aluko dominated the social scene like the roaring lions dominated the jungle in Ibadan during their days.