President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday wrote to the Senate, seeking confirmation for the appointment of 42 Career Ambassadors-Designate.
The nomination was contained in a letter he addressed to the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, requesting the confirmation of 42 nominees as career ambassadors.
Download InsideOyo Mobile App
The president’s letter, dated May 6, 2020, was read at the beginning of plenary on Tuesday by Lawan.
The letter reads: “In accordance to section 171 (1),(2)(c) & sub-section (4) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended, I have the honour to forward for confirmation by the Senate, the underlisted 42 names of nominees as Career Ambassadors-Designate. Copies of their Curriculum Vitae are attached here.”
Nominee for Oyo state is Mr Victor Adekunle Adeleke.
Insideoyo.com brings you 5 things to know about him.
1. He is an indigene of the ancient Oyo town. He attended Olivet Baptist High School, Oyo between 1978 to 1983.
2. He graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University where he studied Law. He has served as the State House Chief of Protocol under late President Umaru Yar’Adua.
3. He’s is the first son of the foremost educationist and seasoned administrator, founding principal of Isale-Oyo Community Grammar School, St. Bernardine’s Grammar school and Ladigbolu Grammar school, Sir Anthony Ayoola Adeleke.
4. He has, at various times served as a career diplomat to People’s Republic of China, Brazil, Poland, UK and he is the Acting Ambassador, Deputy Head of Mission/Head of Chancery in Nigeria’s Diplomatic Mission at Vienna, Austria and Dublin, Ireland.
5. He is a specialist in International Law and Diplomacy.