The University of Ibadan, UI, has promoted 32 of its lecturers. Thirteen of them have been elevated to professorial chair while 19 of them became readers (associate professors).
Prof. Abel Idowu Olayinka, who is the institution’s vice-chancellor, confirmed their elevation after the end of the 2017 June meeting of Appointment and Promotion (A&P) Committee chaired by him.
The new professors are:
1) Bolatito A. Lanre-Abass- Philosophy.
2) Victor O. Edo- History.
3) Taiye R. Fashola- Botany.
4) A.A. Adeolu- Surgery.
5) A. O. Akinwole- Aquaculture & Fisheries Mgt.
6) Aderonke Akinpelu- Physiotherapy.
7) Grace T. Fadupin- Human Nutrition.
8) M.O. Owolabi- Medicine.
9) Grace A. Adejuwon- Psychology.
10) B.O. Emikpe- Veterinary.
11) O.O. Oluwole- Mechanical Engineering
12) S.S. Babalola- Psychology
13) Ayotola Aremu- Teacher Education.
The new readers (associate professors) are:
1) A. B. Adeyemo- Computer Science.
2) Kanayo S. Chukwuka- Botany.
3) A. A. Ogunjobi- Microbiology.
4) Olayinka R. Elyelade- Anesthesia.
5) D.O. Irabor- Surgery.
6) F.A. Okanlawon- Nursing.
7) C.O. Olaiya- Biochemistry.
8) J.A. Olaniyi – Haematology.
9) A.O Omole- Forest Resources Management.
10) Kehinde O. Soetan- Vet. Physiology, Biochemistry & Phamacology.
11) T.A.O. Salau- Mechanical Engineering.
12) A. A. Olopade- Food Technology.
13) S.A. Babarinde- Teacher Education.
14) Modupe Osokoya- Institute of Education.
15) D.A.Fadare- Mechanical Engineering.
16) G. M. Ayinnuola- Civil Engineering.
17) O. Ayanniyi- Physiotheraphy.
18) C.O. Anyaeche- Industrial & Production Engineering.
19) S.O. Jimoh- Forest Resources Management
All of us at InsideOyo.com congratulate them all.