Are you visiting Ibadan soon?
Insideoyo.com has compiled the list of 11 of the State’s exquisite places where you can enjoy your stay in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital. Excerpts:
1) Ventura Mall: It is one of the new malls in the state capital. From places like Oyo, Iseyin and neighbouring states, people, especially children visit the place to have fun. In fact, it is one of the most visited places by fun seekers in the state and beyond. It is strategically located beside Ibadan’s most expensive estate-Aerodrome GRA; in between the University of Ibadan and The Polytechnic, Ibadan road.
2) Latitude Café and Lounge: It is one of the first places you will see by the entrance of Ventura Mall. Music are served ‘chilled’ with intercontinental food in the lounge.
3) Agodi Park And Gardens: For many years, many people did not know the location until the administration of Governor Abiola Ajimobi decided to give it a facelift. Sited behind the University College Hospital, very close to the seat of power on the Parliament road, Agodi park and gardens that attract over hundreds of people daily. It’s features include a large parking filled with beautiful flowers, a lake for boat cruising, a swimming pool, a restaurant, play areas for kids and a mini zoo.
4) UI Zoo: It has been one of the places of fun for Ibadan people. Located not far from the Sports Complex of the University of Ibadan, the zoo which was recently upgraded to a world class, is arguably the best zoo in the country with its wide range of wildlife and a good place to take selfies for people to llike.
5) Filmhouse Cinemas: There are two in town- at Ventura and Heritage Mall, Dugbe. With a pack of popcorn and your favourite drink, you are good to enjoy your favourite film.
6) Cocoa House: It is the tallest building in the South West, excluding Lagos and the first skyscraper ever to be built in Africa. It was built by the administration of late Chief Obafemi Awolowo in the 60s with proceeds from cocoa exporting business.
7) Bower’s Tower: The over 60 feet tall tower, very close to Bere, is on the hill top of Oke Are in Igbo Agala (Agala forest) area of IIbadan. It has about 47 spiral staircases which enables tourists to have a view of some parts of the city like, University College Hospital (UCH), University of Ibadan, Cocoa House , Dugbe Market , Agodi Gardens , Iwo Road, Ife Road, Olorunsogo and the defunct Lagos/ Ibadan Toll Gate.
8) Palms Mall: Located on the ringroad, at the site of a former dumping site, it houses the biggest Shoprite in the whole of West Africa. Its architectural edifice is ‘mouth watering’.
9) Heritage Mall: It is one of the two malls built by the Oodua Conglomerate. It houses shoprite, foodco and some other popular brands.
10) Cocoa Mall: It is built side-by-side with Heritage Mall. In fact, not many can detect that they are separate. Inside here, furniture and other house materials are sold.
11) Amala Joint: The state, no doubt, is the headquarters of Amala worldwide. In the state capital, for example, there are many restaurants that sell amala. It, however, depends on which area you are. They are scattered all over.