It has been over two years that Sen. Rilwan Adesoji Akanbi was elected to represent Oyo South Senatorial District in the Nigerian Senate.
Insideoyo.com presents the 6 bills sponsored by Akanbi, who was a member of the House of Representatives in the botched Third Republic.
1) A Bill to establish the Socially Displaced Persons Units to provide for the assessments care and rehabilitation of socially displaced persons and other related matters.
2) A Bill for an Act to ammend Child Rights Act 2003, to provide for a person convicted of attempted rape to be unsuitable to work with children and for other matters connected thereof.
3) A Bill for an Act to establish the Social Safety Net Service to provide for reduction of poverty among rural and urban vulnerable groups, sustainable development goals and implementation of social protection system and measure in Nigeria and for related matters.
4) A Bill for an Act to prohibit the importation, sale, distribution and use of incandescent light bulbs in Nigeria to encourage the use of compact bulbs and other connected purposes.
5) A Bill for an Act to alter the provision of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria CapC 23, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 by providing for non discrimination against persons living with disabilities; and for related matters.
6) A Bill for an Act to ammend the Chattered Institute of Administration Act C7 LFN2004 (Amendment) Bill, 2016 (S.B 369).
Together with the above, the lawmaker has 10 more bills to the Rules and Business Committee while he has moved 6 bills.