The Oyo State Model Education System Interventions, OYOMESI has announced the maiden environmental hackathon focused competition in the state.
The competition, tagged Oyomesi Hackathon, will take place at the Technical University, Ibadan between 29th June – 1st July 2018.
Insideoyo.com compiles 7 things every tech ninja, programmer, a developer should know:
1. It is Nigeria’s premier environmental hackathon – it allows the best ideas and works alongside great innovators from the community to tackle biggest environmental challenges.
2. Categories for the competition are Revenue collection and payments, Reporting of illegal dump sites and poor collection, Enumeration of communities and lastly Recycling.
3. The top 20 ideas pitched on the night will progress to a weekend hackathon in Ibadan, organised by the OYOMESI Consortium.
4. Top prizes will be an investment by WestAfricaENRG into the best three ideas and the opportunity for a learning exchange with Pomelo Pay in London, UK.
5. ₦2,000,000 in investment to be won
6. Registration fee is N1,000
7. Registration can be done via http://www.oyomesihackathon.com
In a chat with insideoyo.com, the organiser said the competition is to help tackle waste and recycling challenges and it is open to every Nigeria.