Preparation to the Agodi Government House has started in earnest among the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, in Oyo state as about 10 chieftains move to jostle for Abiola Ajimobi’s seat in the 2019 elections.
Beyond the obvious divisions currently manifesting in the relationship among leaders of the party, it is not a hidden fact that some members of the party have been engaging in subtle battles of supremacy within, primarily over their 2019 ambitions.
Inside Oyo takes a quick snap of the party members allegedly battling for the Agodi House comes 2019:
1. Chief Niyi Akintola – Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) – he has declared intention to contest for the governorship seat on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2019.
2. Prof. Adeolu Akande – Former Chief of Staff to Governor Abiola Ajimobi
3. Senator Abdulfatai Buhari – Representing Oyo North senatorial disctrict at the Red chamber
4. Barr. Adebayo Shittu – Minister of Communication
5. Isaac Omodewu – Commissioner for Lands
6. Dr. Azeez Adeduntan – Commissioner for Health
7. Honourable Temitope Olatoye – Lawmaker at Oyo state House of Assembly
8. Ahmed Raji – SAN
9. Mr Zaccheaus Adelabu – Former Commissioner for Finance
10. Mr Adebayo Adelabu – Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
11. Sen. Rilwan Adesoji Akande – Senator representing Oyo South Senatorial District