Though the incumbent, Prince Akeem Adeyemi (Skimeh) has not said he would not seek re-election; two years into his office as lawmaker representing AFIJIO, Atiba, Oyo East and Oyo West federal constituency in the House of Representatives, Abuja, InsideOyo.com presents 5 men who may have interest in his job.
1) Kabir Gbadegesin: The Oyo Prince is of Accord. He came third, trailing the then incumbent -Kamil Akinlabi Mudasiru of Labour Party (LP) and the eventual winner -Akeem Adeyemi of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
2) Oluwagbenga Oyekola: The ex-council boss, currently represents Atiba State Constituency in the Oyo State House of Assembly, OYHA, under LP. He is believed to be interested in the coveted seat.
3) Muideen Olagunju: The Ife-trained lawyer, who was a classmate of the incumbent at Olivet Baptist High School, is also believed to be nursing the ambition. He currently represents Oyo East /Oyo West State Constituency in the OYHA under the platform of Accord.
4) Saheed Arowosaye: He contested the House of Representatives’ election in 2015 but lost. The property developer is said to be leaving no stone unturned as 2019 beckons. He is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
5) Abiodun Ayobami Ajeigbe: The 36-year old son of a respected former chairman of Oyo West local government- Alhaji Mudasir Bolanle Ajeigbe is an alumnus of theLadoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho and University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa. Currenty, Ajeigbe, who is the Business Development Manager (System Air Conditioners) at Samsung Electronics West Africa, is said to be considering the Reps ticket under the APC.